Have you ever thought to yourself, “I’m just going to wing it in the interview”? Were you disappointed or shocked when the company didn’t call you back for another interview?
It takes a lot more than just “winging it” to get the job. All I can say is PREPARE!!! Yes, you need to be fully prepared before you go into that interview.
Steps to follow:
- CV. Update you CV so that it is focused on the job you want. If you are multi-skilled, you may want to keep a record of more than just 1 CV to apply for a job.
- Practice. Write down all the possible questions for your interview and practice in front of a mirror on how to answer it.
- Confidence. Anchor yourself in confidence and knowing fully well how to sell yourself.
- Research. You should know the in’s and out of the company you are interviewing with.
- Go beyond. Come up with a few ideas for the position that you are applying for to show that you are genuinely interested it in the position.