Do you have what it takes to be a leader? Have you wanted to head up your team or division? Who do you consider to be the greatest leader?
Leadership is critical in a world where people need guidance, someone they can learn from and further develop their own skill set. Every leader has their own style. This is largely influenced by personal challenges and perceptions. Leaders are passionate about developing people. They inspire and motivate people to do what they naturally do best and thus they are able to achieve the results for the company. Employees feel valued and that they are contributing to the greater good of the company. Leaders take time out to learn about each employee and they want them to achieve success in their personal and professional lives.
A few Leadership traits are listed below:
- Dominance and Awareness
- Self Assurance
- Extroverted and Enthusiasm
- Mindfulness and Control
- Openness to experience
- General self-efficacy
- High emotional intelligence and stability
These traits are extremely important when leading a team of people and guiding the future of a company. It can build trust and loyalty in the team. When it comes to leadership, the most effective leaders is largely dependent on the persons attitude and view. A positive attitude can go a longer way to achieving great results. Leaders also build and cultivate leaders for the future.
Here are some common leadership styles to consider:
- Coercive: Leaders demand immediate results and compliance.
- Authoritative: Leaders move people towards a vision.
- Affiliative: Leaders create emotional bonds and harmony.
- Democratic: Leaders build unity through participation.
- Pacesetting: Leaders expect excellence and independence.
- Coaching: Leaders develop and guide people for the future.
Leaders build their companies by building their employees and by doing so achieves great success. They are a mentor for their team.